Want to be cast in SPACE DEBRIS Season Two? Here's how!
Space Debris is currently seeking talent to fill one lead and several guest roles for its second season. Talent must be available for production during the window of August 12th through 21st, 2016. The series will be filmed near Grand Rapids, Michigan, and is written, directed, and executive produced by Joshua Courtade.
Space Debris depicts the ongoing misadventures of the crew of the rocketship Typhon as they travel the galaxy eliminating pesky bits of space junk, all the while encountering aliens, black holes, and the captain's angry ex-girlfriends.
Open auditions (no appointment necessary) will be held at Compass College of Cinematic Arts (41 Sheldon Blvd. SE, Grand Rapids, MI) on Wednesday, April 13, and Thursday, April 14, 2016, from 5:30 PM until 8:30 PM each day. Auditions will consist of cold reading.
We are looking for talent to fill the following roles (open to any ethnicity):
- Dr. Danielle Austen (Lead) – female, late 20s to mid 30s – The ship's new doctor; she enjoys her job, but feels a bit like an outsider in an otherwise all-male crew; is usually very straight-forward and serious, but occasionally lets her emotions get the better of her; can be very condescending toward the misogynist captain.
- Olaf's Servant (Guest, Supporting) – any gender, any age over 20 – The overworked, under-appreciated personal servant of Olaf Burroughs, the Space Warlord; can be snarky at times.
- The President of the Earth (Guest, Supporting) – female, early 30s to mid-40s – The powerful ruler of the Earth and its colonies; she's manipulative and has a secret agenda.
- High Priest Grey (Guest, Supporting) – male, early 40s to late 50s – The vindictive new leader of a strange cult on Pluto; later becomes a vengeful general; uses archaic language.
- Penny Steinbeck (Guest, Supporting) – female, mid-20s to mid-30s – The kindhearted administrator of a doomed space orphanage; sweet-natured but not a sucker.
This is a non-union shoot, but we are open to working with union talent. All roles are unpaid/deferred. Actors will be fed on set and will receive IMDb credit and a DVD copy of the finished season.
If interested, please inquire using the form below. Actors auditioning should supply a headshot and acting resume. Please include a reel if you have one.
Accommodations and travel expenses will not be provided. Serious applicants only, please.